Thursday, July 29, 2010

Thing 15: Creative Commons.

I can definitely see wonderful uses for the many items available through Creative Commons licensing. There are surveys already created and ready post online, music available to be used in presentations, even entire courses taught through MIT that one could post to one's own blog or website. I think it is a wonderful concept, esp. in the field of education. When I taught high school English, I probably "lifted" a lot of things to put on worksheets, etc. that I shouldn't have but had no clue how else to find what I needed without having to pay for the license.

Of course, I can see sharing my original content under a Creative Commons license if I think it is something that someone else could use, esp. in the field of education (that is, unless I am sure what I created could be a gold mine - LOL!). If I have already done a video tutorial that would serve the needs of someone else in my field, I would be more than happy to let it be used. To me, this sounds like a wonderful time and energy saver.

No comments:

Post a Comment