Monday, August 16, 2010

Thing 17: Social Cataloging:

I never used any type of social cataloging before. I used GoodReads because a couple people in our library already belong so I know at least two people to compare reads with. But once I looked at the site, I realized I would enjoy adding this to my Facebook groups anyway. I tend to read books a little on the esoteric side - linguistics, specialized history books, etc. - so it is good to see reviews of mainstream books I may want to read also. I liked the idea of virtual "book clubs" since there does not seem to be any book clubs where I live that I can join.

At some point, I would like to also take a look at LibraryThing because I would love to have a complete list of my library online that I can just send my friends to or that I can check against to see if I have a book before I purchase it.

Here is a link to my GoodReads page: http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/4160543. I have only added one book but promise to add more a little each day until I catch up with what I have read recently and what I am reading now.






Karen's bookshelf: read


Ask the Animals: A Vet's-Eye View of Pets and the People They Love

More of Karen's books »



Karen Wisecarver's  book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists

No comments:

Post a Comment